Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feature Artist - Jim Grasby


Introducing one of the exhibition artists in our current show, 'Faces and Places' - Jim Grasby.
His artist statement really appealed me, and I thought it would be great to share.
"I could say I am an artisan, a craftsman, a tradesman, an engineer, a painter, a sculptor, a designer, a maker, a teacher, or an educator. All these are true and yet none describe my work!
As an artist, I am interested in making possible my ideas and thoughts through whatever medium I wish. The finished work may be a two-dimensional picture or a three-dimensional sculpture.
I may work with metal, wood, clay, stone or any other material, but the final outcome will be a personal statement.
I enjoy the creative process from initial thought to completed work and the majority of my work comes from a blank piece of paper and an idea to play with. I use recycled material as a means of expressing the idea and all my skills, to complete the work. The finished piece is what I term 'my artwork' and I leave it up to everyone to judge it in their own way."

No comments:

Post a Comment